Sunday, August 4, 2013

Willys-Overland Industrial Equipment Book, Part Nine, Ramsey And King Winch



Well, it took me some time, but I finally got the last pages in the 1952 Willys Overland Industrial Equipment Binder scanned and corrected. However in so doing that yesterday it didn’t leave me any time to research the winch’s history in conjunction with the jeep. I’m not making any promises, but I hope to present the last pages full of parts lists and prices and brochures for both Ramsey and Koenig Iron Works’ offering, the King winch next Sunday. It all depends on how much time I have and how long it will take to finish the research and write the piece.
For today we have the actual W-O pages listing what was available in the early 1950’s for a PTO driven and non-capstan type of winch, namely Ramsey and Koenig’s. Where’s the best known winch today, Warn? Their winches weren’t developed until 1959 a few years shy of inclusion here. Ironic in a way. Also its fitting that the binder started out with Warn’s freewheeling hubs which aren’t as synonymous with Warn as their winches nowadays.
So enjoy these four pages and come back next week for more. Click here to be taken to the full album. The summer is flying by and I’m trying to get a few projects done around the house as well build my boys a tree fort and continue work on my 1953 CJ3-B project. Curious? Looking for a friendly and flame-free vintage jeep forum? Check it out at the This-Old-Jeep.com forum. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment