Sunday, August 25, 2013

Jeeps On The Beach



Its very nearly the end of the summer already so I figured that it was about time that I posted these. Plus, I’m on vacation and I’m not sure if any beach time will fit into it, so I’ll have to live vicariously through these. Over its long history the jeep has been seen in many places including the beach. Usually it was wartime during an invasion. But it wasn’t all work. The jeep has seen its fair share of beach time, leisure-wise and a different sort of work helping out lifeguards. The above photo was taken in 1946 and indicates that the WW2 MBs were “redeployed” on the beaches patrolled by the Los Angeles County lifeguards. Many of these maybe not surprisingly were found through either the Los Angeles County or City websites. Leave it to the west coasters to know how to enjoy their beach time. I’m just glad to see that the jeep was included in that fun and sometimes got a break from work!
You can see the full sized photos in the These Old Jeep Website Finds album here. Come back next week for another update of the very best of the jeep since 1940 only at This-Old-Jeep.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment