Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday, April 6, 2014- Website Finds- Jalopy Journal And The H.A.M.B.


I’m glad to finally be back with a regular Sunday update! Sorry about last week, but thanks for understanding. I don’t usually get sick too easily or often, but my wife, two sons and I were laid low last week with this bug that was going around. We’re all on the mend now. I give my thanks to Robitussin and antibiotics.
Today I wanted to cover another website find. I think that it has gone around the usual channels a few times of the random and previously undiscovered vintage jeep photos that can be found at the Jalopy Journal. The Jalopy Journal is a website dedicated to “spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums worldwide.” I love it. I’ve always had a soft spot for hot rods and old builds and ironically enough their forum which is called the H.A.M.B. (short for the Hokey Ass Message Board!) has been a source for oft overlooked jeep photos. A good example is the thumb at the top, a random CJ spotted on an Atlanta street corner.
The source of these finds has been one thread in particular which among online forums has lived an epic life- the “Vintage Shots From Days Gone By” thread that began back in December of 2009, nearly five years ago now compiling an astounding number of  submitted and found photos, including alot of jeep shots. I’ve been combing through this thread for months now and its always interesting, shots from the turn of the century to the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s and up. You just don’t know what you’re going to find next. And at some 4,500 pages as of this morning, well, it’ll take you awhile to get through! Check out what I’ve found thus far in the Website Finds album here and some of my favorites below. I’m not sure what I’ll be up to next week, but come on back for more of the best of the jeep since 1940!

No comments:

Post a Comment