Sunday, September 25, 2011

A New Jeep Story

A couple of weeks back I received this email. It tells the story of a lady who met this veteran and of the debt of gratitude that we all owe the Greatest Generation! Thanks again to Carrie for this great story! Click here to read more jeep stories. “Hi Brendan, My Name is Carrie K. I live in Mi. I have a Rescue Green 2010 Jeep Wrangler. Not exactly vintage.. Rescue green is a rather strange color. You either love it or hate it. As for me.. I got a good deal so I now own it. I don't know if this is the type of story you are looking for. I'll let you decide. I was putting groceries in my jeep when a man pulled in the spot next to me. He said, "That Jeep looks like a lot of fun". I said it is. I hope to take it off road in the near future. He told me he used to drive a jeep back in 43, 44 and 45. He said his jeep was real fast and saved his life many times. He said it was a lot of fun to drive and he wished he still had his jeep. He said, "I'm a Veteran." I sort of figured that. I looked at him in awe.. I realized that would make him about my Dad's age. How old are you I asked. I just turned 87 was his reply. He looked about 70. He credited his wife for his youthful appearance. I thanked him for keeping us safe. I sure wished I would have thought to asked his name. Everyone has a story. I feel privileged he told me his. Attached is a picture of my Jeep. Sincerely Carrie K.”

No comments:

Post a Comment