Sunday, September 30, 2012

Popular Science and Mechanics Articles From The 40’s Through The 60’s


Well, my search through Google Books is turning up a gold mine of jeep related articles and old photos and projects like the station wagon into a mobile sleeping platform and adding another four wheels and tires turning a little CJ into a four-wheel drive dually climbing machine! I’m discovering new stuff everyday and right now and next Sunday (or tomorrow if I have the time...) I will release some of the first miscellaneous articles that I’ve found. Starting today with articles from the 40’s through the 60’s and then into the 70’s and 80’s.
After these first two I’ll try to present everything by individual decades. Keep coming back. I also found out that Popular Mechanics was first published in 1902... wow, I had no idea about that but I’m sure to find alot more interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment